So, this has taken me a while to write. It’s quite difficult for me to think about my flaws, never mind turn them into strengths! Katedaysaweek nominated me for this award, big love to Kate, if you can do check out Kates blog, she does the best makeup reviews around. This award was created by Sophia, from Sophia Ismaa Writes. Here is, in her own words, what the Flawesome Award is about:
“It’s time to celebrate the flaws that make you awesome.
How many times do we see an award that celebrates all things bright and shiny and sunny in a person? How often do we forget that our weaknesses can be a strength? Our flaws make us human, our flaws tell us more about who we are, and in turn we turn those flaws into awesome strengths. In short, our flaws make us #flawesome.
After nearly a decade of Tyra Banks telling me to celebrate my flaws, I decided to create an award that celebrates our own flaws.”
- Link back to the creator – Sophia Ismaa Writes
- Display the award
- List 3 flaws and turn it into a strength
- Tag 10 other people
3 Ways I am Fawesome;
- I’m very shy – no really I am, you put me in a crowd full of strangers and I won’t say a word until someone talks to me! This does however mean that I pay a lot of attention to things, I will often say very little whilst thinking a lot. During the course of my job I have to talk to people and I have to give presentations, terrifying! In order to do it I have my ‘work’ personality, which is acting to it’s highest degree lol, this does however make me very good at my job, it’s stage me, not me me and without stage me, I couldn’t do what I do.
- I am a control freak, yep shocking for someone with anxiety NOT! most people with anxiety are control freaks because their anxiety makes them feel out of control. This does mean that I’m very very good at planning and organising, even family holidays are organised to within an inch of their lives. This does mean there is very little room for surprises, that’s not to say they don’t happen but I’m prepared for them when they do.
- I’m very very honest, If I don’t like something I’ll tell you, It does mean that I know what I like and what I don’t like and I know my own mind. This makes it very easy to make decisions and put those decisions into actions.
I hope my nominees also find the process thought provoking and insightful!