Ashley’s blog is a beautiful collection of poems and stories and genuinely makes me tearful, particularly the letters to her daughter (I don’t do soppy emotions so Ashley’s managed where even my therapist couldn’t).
Louise’s blog is all about that lifestyle! Oh yeah. She has one of the prettiest websites (never-mind blog) I’ve ever seen! Everything from her writing to her pictures is so pretty, it just makes me want to be her.
Thank you to both of these wonderful ladies for the nomination and I’m so sorry it’s taken me two months to respond!
The Rules: (both Ashley and Louise has slightly different rules, I’ve used Ashley’s below only because this is 2 months late and hers was the first post I checked today)
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the “Leibster Award” logo in your blog.
- Answer the questions the person who nominated you asked.
- Write about why you are passionate about blogging.
- Share 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate at least 5 blogs for the award.
- Ask your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post.
- How did you find the idea of starting your blog? Years ago I used to write short stories and when we got Sam the dog as a pup I wanted to write a book called, how not to train your German Shepherd, writing a book was never going to happen so last year, after having some serious mental health issues, I decided to start a blog.
- If God would grant you a wish, what would you wish for? I don’t believe in god so nothing.
- What kind of content do you enjoy writing the most? Articles, poetry, short story, daily life, journal, etc. just whats in my head, be that daily life, memories, it doesn’t matter. My posts form as I am writing them so it’s literally whatever is in my head that day.
- We all get angry sometimes, what angers you the most in your day to day life? People not using indicators and not communicating properly, like explain yourself!! Grrrrr
- Three facts about your favorite book. It’s about death, it’s 20 years old, The author is Australian
- Describe one of your brilliant ideas or your eureka moment or something that you are most proud of. I don’t think I’ve ever had a brilliant idea, please correct me if I’m wrong, but I am most proud of my blog and how far I have come in the last 12 months with my mental health.
- One word that explains your true self. Anxious
- Three things you can’t live without in life. Cigarettes, Dogs, Moisturiser – sorry hubby
- Your idea of a perfect day- indoors or outdoors? Outdoors in the garden with the dogs
- Imagine you have a pet if you don’t have one and one day your pet learned to talk. What would be the first thing according to you your pet will say? You’re a moron
- Out of all the countries, you have visited, which one did you like the most? Well I’ve only visited 3 so I would have to say Portugal
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done? Had sex in a car park
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be? Hubby
- What would be the best travel memory to have and how does it compare to what you have? The best memory is on a car trip around Scotland in what was a very chilly October 2012, the car’s heating went and we drove around in freezing temperatures with no heat!
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters: Just start, it doesn’t have to be perfect, just start and be yourself
- What is your favourite dish? Curry
- Would you ever travel the world in a camper van? Maybe not the world but Europe
- Give a travel tip for travellers: I have none, I literally never travel
- What do you think of selfie sticks? Good grief give me a break, saying that, if your attractive enough to not break your phones camera then have at it
- What would be your staple home item? Air freshner
- Coffee or Tea? Tea
My Passion For Blogging
I just enjoy the freedom to say what is actually in my head. It can be easier to write things down than say them out loud and for me, blogging is about speaking without making noise.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I’m terrified of bats
- I fart, a lot
- I used to own 29 pet rabbits
- I watched Friends the first time round
- I can sing, but I don’t anymore due to stagefright
- Every other word in my vocabulary is a swear word
- I don’t drink alcohol
- I love nail art
- I have a business degree
- I can still do a cartwheel
- Which of your blog posts are you most proud of?
- Have you ever felt like giving up on your blog?
- Is there a topic that you don’t write about that you wish you did?
- Who in your life has been most supportive of your writing ambitions?
- Shower or Bath?
- If you have another job what do you do?
- How do you come up with ideas for blog posts?
- Favourite Season and why?
- Whats the best blog post you have read lately?
- Why did you start your own blog?
To everyone out there, thank you for reading and to Louise and Ashley, thank you for the nomination.